Skip to content

Lens Studio 5.0

Lens Studio 5.0

Categories

5 results found

1. I believe Snap’s Camera Kit, both on App and Web, is an exceptional product. Its accessibility and stability are truly world-class, making it a valuable tool for developers.

However, I’ve noticed that the support for developers could be improved. For instance, there seem to be fewer responses from Snap employees in the Discord channel, and the app review time, which is typically expected to take 3-5 days or up to a week, has now stretched to over a month. This can be challenging for developers working on high-value projects.

I sincerely hope that more support can be provided to developers…

9 votes

We're glad you're here

Please sign in to leave feedback

Signed in as (Sign out)

We’ll send you updates on this idea

1 comment  ·  Admin →
    How important is this to you?

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

Hi David.

First, I am sorry for our poor support experience here. Second, thank you so much for sharing this feedback. We will get on this ASAP for Q4. Meetings to put together a plan starts next week and you'll see all the things you've called out be improved over the next few weeks for a smoother experience.

Please continue to share us your feedback here if you still feel we're missing the mark by the second week of Nov.

Appreciate you and the community!

2. So I think this has been requested multiple times on discord as well but yeah native option on 3D Bitmojis would add more detail to the experiences. Thanks to the new Inspect Preview I was able to see all the render mesh visuals of the bitmoji being added to the scene so I quickly wrote one script to navigate through and enable shadows dynamically through it but that way also didn't work coz I guess the mesh data wasn't available however I was able to change out the materials tho. Shadow and material options would be great properties to expose…

2 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  3. In LS 5.0, you can't visualize the world mesh. I tried with different materials.

The same setup in LS 4 works fine.

I talked to other users and apparently it has to be activated via script, otherwise it won't show up.

1 vote

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  4. When adding a new component, it often creates many new assets (more than the previous lens version), eg: for materials, shaders, images, etc. These quickly pile up and get messy in the asset manager. If assets were automatically organised into folders (like in Spark AR) it would save time developing.

18 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  5. All the docs and mylenses pages should have a dark mode. I suggest using the css preference: https://developer.mozilla.org/en-US/docs/Web/CSS/@media/prefers-color-scheme

to decide the default for the user but also adding a toggle somewhere to manually switch.

Adding a picture of the styles I use myself with an extension to change the css to give you some idea how nice it can look.

1 vote

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  • Don't see your idea?