The new SPECS deserves a more modern spatial UI
I really love the direction Specs is heading in, but I’m not sure whether I like the new UI redesign. The current home UI as seen in the launch feels visually dated. The crowded app grid, inconsistent icon styles and heavy panels make it feel closer to an old mobile launcher than an interface designed specifically for spatial computing 👀🫣
I just did a quick AI assisted redesign concept which of course can be improved upon but feels much more modern imo.
This is obviously just a visual concept, not something tested against the actual display limitations, field of view or performance constraints. I’m also not suggesting Specs should simply copy another spatial OS. It deserves its own interaction language and personality.
The hardware is moving forward quickly. I’d love to see the system UI receive the same level of care.