One-Time Top Performer to Lens+ Payout Switch for Viral Lenses
Hey,
I have a suggestion that I think could be helpful for Lens creators and also beneficial for Snapchat.
If a Lens starts going viral and receives a lot of reach and engagement, could you consider giving the creator a one-time option to switch that Lens from the Top Performer Payouts Program to the Lens+ Payout Program?
The reason I’m suggesting this is that reaching 15,000 posters within 90 days can be extremely difficult, especially for creators who are just starting to grow. Because of this requirement, creators may feel discouraged from consistently creating and publishing Lenses.
A possible solution could be to allow each creator one lifetime/one-time switch from the Top Performer Payouts Program to the Lens+ Payout Program.
For example:
- A creator initially publishes their Lenses under the Top Performer Payouts Program.
- If one of their Lenses becomes viral and gets significant reach, they could use their one-time switch to move that Lens to the Lens+ Payout Program.
- The creator would still receive the eligible reward/payout for that Lens after switching.
I believe this could also help reduce spam in the Lens+ program. Creators would have more confidence to focus on creating high-quality, original Lenses instead of constantly trying to meet the 15,000-poster requirement.
It could create a better incentive for creators: create first, grow the Lens, prove its performance, and then have the opportunity to move it to Lens+ once it becomes successful.
This would give creators more confidence and motivation to keep building new and creative Lenses, while still encouraging quality and genuine engagement.
I hope the team can consider this idea and look into whether a one-time Top Performer → Lens+ switch could be possible. I really believe it could be a great improvement for Lens creators and the overall Lens ecosystem.
Thank you for considering the suggestion!